Doug Groves has been sharing his knowledge and skills with anyone that wants to delve deep into the art or simply learn the basics. I watched form and function come together beautifully as Doug braided strings of rawhide into strong rope, all while explaining technique and theory to an engaged and involved audience. The display of work around the room by artisans and students alike humbled me as I walked about, but Doug’s easy and informative lessons helped ground the entire experience.
- Mining the Mother Lode: a Moving Rural Verse Poem-Film
- The Brauns and Bertsolaria at the 34th National Cowboy Poetry Gathering
- Basques and Buckaroos… and Sheep???… at the 34th National Cowboy Poetry Gathering
- 34th National Cowboy Poetry Gathering Poets & Musicians
- New Exhibitions in the Wiegand Gallery
- The Western Folklife Center: an Exhibition Destination
- Leadership Changes at the Western Folklife Center
- Learning to Jitterbug in Elko
- Yevgeny Alexandrovich Yevtushenko–“Cowboy Poet”
- Dreaming of Our Future
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Search this Blog