The staff of the Western Folklife Center is hard at work preparing for the big event. After 25 cowboy poetry gatherings, you would think we would have this down to a science. Unfortunately, we don’t. It’s a moving target. But it’s never dull and we thought you might enjoy reading about what happens behind the scenes leading up to the Gathering, and during the week of the event. The Western Folklife Center staff will be sharing our experiences, our excitement and possibly our nervous breakdowns with you as we get closer to January 23rd. During the week of the Gathering, we hope to be joined by other bloggers who will be sharing their thoughts and impressions about performances that touched them and those that didn’t, and about the interstitial moments that are sometimes the most meaningful and memorable for Gathering fans and friends. Please join us on our journey to the 26th National Cowboy Poetry Gathering, January 23-30 in Elko, Nevada.
- Marrinna Mori from Tuscarora, NV, performs "Strawberry Roan" at the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering last month. youtu.be/XYV0i3pPgag 18 hours ago
- @HedgesAndy interviews Michael Martin Murphey on his latest Cowboy Crossroads podcast. Listen in at soundcloud.com/cowboycrossroa… 1 day ago
- RT @westernhorseman: Calling all youth Western artists! Western Horseman and Cowboy Artists of America invite you to submit your best... ht… 6 days ago
- RT @cowboypoetry: Newest "Calling All Cowboys" radio w/Western music, cowboy poetry w/Charley Engel on @KPOV: kpov-od.streamguys.us/calling_all_co… http… 6 days ago
- RT @cowboypoetry: Montana photographer, songwriter, poet John Michael Reedy's great image, "Sandy." reedy.photoshelter.com/index https://t.co/73… 6 days ago
- An Oak Tree and a Sea Change
- Meet Wyoming Poet Maria Lisa Eastman
- The Making of the Poem-Film “Homesteaders, Poor and Dry”
- Good Optics on Idaho Street
- Real Stories. Straight Up.
- The View from the Western Folklife Center’s Wiegand Gallery
- Art “Placemaking” or Art “Placekeeping” in Downtown Elko?
- Cigar-Box Guitars and Haunted Windchimes
- Trailing of the Sheep Festival 20 Years Later…
- Cow Camp in the Big Horn Mountains – An Ultimate Western Experience
Search this Blog